Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Word Dumping


I've lost sight of this little blog of mine.  As soon as a blog post idea makes its way into this maze of a brain of mine, I quickly convince myself that no one would want to read about it.  We can be mean to ourselves, huh?  It's funny how quickly revelations can delete those thoughts and give me a jumpstart.

"Hey, it's your blog.  Your life.  Go and write about it and hope that it blesses someone!"

So here is where my word dumping begins and I'm praying that it makes some sort of sense and I can get back to normal.  Whatever that is.
* * * * * 
I finished my second round of Insanity last week.  It was the hardest workout program I have ever done.  I definitely feel different and proud.  Not of my body but of my heart.  Roo rode her bike for the first time to school the other morning.  I ran behind her and didn't even get winded.  I hate running and I usually feel like I'm gonna die but I didn't and that is more valuable to me than any award or medal.  I bought hubby (and me!) Les Mills Pump for his birthday so we will start that soon.  

























* * * * * 
We ventured out to a local farm to pick strawberries the other weekend. 






After the picking, we bought a ton of other veggies at their produce store.  Most of the items were brought in from close by farms.  We bought this massive amount of kale for a buck.  


We made kale chips out of it.  
They were good but beware because they don't keep and get chewy by the next day. 
Will I make them again?  Maybe.  
I've been meaning to share our healthier recipes on the blog.  I can't believe my first one is about kale!  Just google kale chips and stand by and watch so they don't burn.  I'll give better recipes instructions on other dishes in the future but these were just so darn easy.  

* * * * *
Don't laugh but I've been watching videos on how to put on makeup.  Eyeshadow to be specific.  It's like art in a way and I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.  I'll let you know how it's going and which ones I've watched.  I've learned alot about brushes and types of cosmetics from these pro ladies and it's fun to learn something new that makes me feel more confident during the day.  

* * * * * 
I can't wait to show you my painted armoire.  I'll take pictures soon.  That darn thing was almost the death of me but I'm done!  I just need hardware for the bottom of the drawers and something cool done to the inside.  
* * * * * 
And finally, I finished The Hunger Games!  It was a good read and I'm very satisfied.  I'm itching to find something new to read.  This reading thing is exciting.  (-:  Any suggestions?

So, if you're still here.  Thanks for letting me word dump!  





2 comments:

  1. Your blog- your rules! Write whatever floats your boat. I'm reading the Game of Thrones series right now. You can find it on amazon, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Kelly! and for the book recommendations. I'm going to look into them.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...