Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Out of the burbs

Recently, I've had the chance to get out of the 'burbs' and it has done me a world of good.  Most days I'm irritated at my hubby's shift work schedule, but with it comes date days that I wouldn't trade for the world.  No babysitter, no crowds, and I'm not tired like I would be at the end of the day.  Date days are the best.  We celebrated our 13th anniversary at a nice restaurant in a beautifully eclectic old neighborhood near downtown.  After lunch we were stuffed so we took a quick walk around and looked at houses.  












 {Every house is different!}

A few weeks before this outing we ventured out to a very affluent area.  The houses were amazing but I didn't take pictures because there were people everywhere and I was sure they would turn us in to the cops for snooping.  The restaurant wasn't much to write about but the art shops were!  I'm still figuring out this whole take pictures for your blog or just for me thing.  I don't normally carry around a camera and I was afraid to take pictures with my phone in these art places for fear of them thinking that I was stealing their ideas.

It has occured to me that, thanks to Pinterest and Blogland,  I've only been seeing beautiful things in one dimension on a screen.  Or mass produced in the same stores that have the same things all over the country.  It was really eye opening yesterday when I took a trip to another  Hobby Lobby in the big city and the store looked different but had the same stuff stuffed inside.  I'm looking forward to more days where we venture out and learn more about the city {and each other} to get my creative juices flowing.

I'm finally experiencing one of the joys of living in/near a big city.  There is inspiration everywhere. It just takes a little time and bravery to find it.  And maybe a GPS.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...