Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Entryway "Mantel"

I've been getting ready for Fall even though it is still 100 degrees outside.  I was hoping it would make me feel cooler.  I don't feel any cooler but I'm happier to have something new and different to look at while I work out in my front room.

Before:


After:



I found some old and dirty antique drawers the other day at a local shop and was glad to incorporate one of them in the mix.  It holds the flowers nicely and I love the lights behind it for some "umpf".    





I printed the leaf from a google search and popped it in a frame.  


I am really digging the simplicity of it all.
  (The flames are so yellow because of the battery operated tea lights.)  

I'm thinking of leaving the Jig Saw label on the drawer.  What do you think?




I'm linking up to Layla's Fall Mantel party at the Lettered Cottage.  




4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen. I JUST noticed you left a comment on my blog waaaay back in July, so I had to come over for a visit. I'm so glad I did! I can't wait to come back when I have more time to look around. Nice to "meet" you. (And I'm going to follow you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! Love your mantle & how you incorporated a mirror with a shelf! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty and welcoming with just the right mix of color, texture and lighting. Bravo!

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...