Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Healthy Hump Day tips #7




Pre-washing your lettuce makes it so much easier and quicker to fix up a salad.  I don't wash it right when I get home from the store because, let's face it, I'm good to get the cold stuff in the fridge and I usually have to do the other bags later.  It works for me.  But whenever I take that head of lettuce out to tear a piece off for my hubby's sandwiches, I try and clean the whole head and put it in a big baggie with a paper towel.



The lettuce should last for about a week.  
I timed myself and it only took me three minutes to do.  
To be honest, this is one tip that I need to remember to do more!

Have a great day and I encourage you to think about some of the ways you are already making your life healthier and concentrate on those.  Be proud of those!  I have read a few blogs lately where the author is so down on herself (for basically not being perfect) and these women are on my mind today.  We can only do what we can do and God asks us to come to him everyday for forgiveness and grace.  He loves you so much for who you are and not what you do.  I have no idea why lettuce has led me to this but I hope that someone might get some encouragement today.  I know that I needed it this morning and I got it from a blog I read earlier.  It's like a big wonderful circle sometimes.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...